National and transnational commercial transactions are proving to be increasingly complex, both from the perspective of economic and competitive relations.
Antitrust law has kept pace with these advances and has taken on more and more complex contours, making it different as an area of law essential to not only guide the most varied financial operations in the globalized world, as well as to decline conduct that may threaten free competition.
The Figueiredo & Velloso team accumulates experience in prominent national offices and in the exercise of public functions in antitrust agencies, which contributes to advising clients on several issues submitted to Brazilian competition authorities.
The practice is dedicated to different subjects related to the defense of competition and includes the performance in:
- Notifications of merger controls and filling to the Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE);
- Cartels and unilateral conducts;
- Structuring corporate operations with competitive impacts;
- Preparation of legal opinions from the perspective of competitive risks in commercial and corporate operations;
- Negotiating Leniency Agreements and Termination of Conduct Commitment Terms (TCC’s);
- Litigations related to competitive issues, including those involving claims for damages arising from possible competitive illicit acts.